In December 2014, at an event called ‘Lets Get the Party Started’ our Champions Board was launched.
The Champion’s Board brings care experienced young people from age 10 upwards together with Senior Officers from the local authority, Elected Members, NHS, Police, and Voluntary Sector as equal members to discuss and make decisions on an agenda set by the young people.
The Board meets up to three times per year to hear about specific ideas our care experienced young people have to improve the experiences of looked after children and young people.
The Board consists of:
- Councillors Anne Robertson and Allison Evison
- Robert Driscoll – Head of Child Care
- Andy Griffiths – Head of Service Education
- Lorraine Currie – Child Health, NHS Grampian
- …and 8 young people with experience of care aged between 10 & 18 years of age
For more information, please contact:
Leigh Jolly (Leigh.Jolly@aberdeenshire.gov.uk) or on 01467 628308 or ask your carer or social worker to do this for you.