Who can participate?
Any young person aged 8-25 years old, living in Aberdeenshire.
How can my voice be heard?
Youth Voice entries can be submitted using a range of formats including any combination of:
|A photo or selfie with a written piece||A drawing or graphic|
|An audio recording of your story/ views||A short video-clip (visual/audio)|
|A written piece||A poem or song|
What should my Youth Voice entry include?
- Who you are – your name/age (first name only is fine)
- How you like to spend your free time
- What’s important to you as a young person
- The great things about being a young person in Aberdeenshire
- What you would like to see changed for young people
- What your hopes for Year Of Young People 2018 are (#YOYP2018)
- Any message you want to get across for young people in YOYP?
Entries cannot be accepted without one of the completed consent forms below
Where will my Youth Voice be seen?
We will feature 52 Youth Voices over the year as part of celebrating #YOYP2018. Youth Voices will be showcased on Aberdeenshire’s Getting It Right For Every Child website, in our Year of Young People section and may be promoted on Aberdeenshire Council Social Media.
How can I send my entry and be part of Youth Voices?
All Entries and completed CONSENT FORM should be marked FAO: Youth Voices and can be sent:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: (c/o Bryony Revell) Education & Children’s Services, Woodhill House, Aberdeen, Education and Children’s Services, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB16 5GB