Children’s Services Plans are an important way to demonstrate how a local area is improving the wellbeing of children and young people. They also help show how the progress being made towards Scotland’s National Performance Framework Objectives:
- Our children have the best start in life and are ready to succeed
- We have improved life chances for children, young people, and families at risk
- Our young people are successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens
Our 3-year Plan provides information on how local services plan and deliver support to children, young people and families across Aberdeenshire; to make sure they get the right support, at the right time, by the right people.
We carried out a joint assessment of need, which help us identify local strategic priorities. This assessment was based on a range of organisational performance data, information from services, and listening to what children, young people, parents/carers, and practitioners told us was important to them.
The 5 priorities agreed for the 2023-2026 Plan are:
- Children & Young People’s Mental Health is promoted and improved
- Children & Young People with Additional Support Needs & or Disability and their families are well supported to achieve their potential
- Aberdeenshire’s Care Experienced Young People will have a good loving childhood, where their needs are met, and outcomes are improved for them through ensuring The Promise is kept
- Whole Family Wellbeing is promoted and improved by enabling families to get the right support early and effectively
- Children and Young People are safe, valued and listened to in our communities
Each priority is addressed by a multi-agency action plan. These include specific aims which detail how we are working in partnership to tackle this issue, and what action we are taking to make an impact on the lives of those children, young people, and families affected.
Our annual report shares what progress we’ve made in working together to support, safeguard and promote children and young people’s wellbeing during each year. It lets you know what steps we have taken to help tackle each strategic priority.
A summary version of the annual report is available, and if you would like to know more about a specific area of support or service delivery in more detail, you can find this in the full-version report.