This section contains guidance to help you implement the GIRFEC approach in your organisation.
Aberdeenshire GIRFEC Guidance & Operational documentation
The Documentation below supports the Multi-Agency Assessment and Action Planning for Children in Aberdeenshire.
The guidance document is followed by 4 appendices with additional guidance and the streamlined assessment and action planning templates.
Appendix 1 – consists of guidance around the use of the ‘My World Triangle’ which helps us carry out an assessment of all the strengths, needs and challenges within the child’s life so we can understand why the requirements are not being met. Each Service has developed prompt questions for the My World Triangle headings. You do not need to ask every question if they aren’t appropriate – assessments should be relevant and proportionate.
- Well Being Indicators (doc 128kb)
- Prompt Cards For Parents – Carers 01-05-12 (pdf 22kb)
- Prompt Cards For Children – 01-05-12 (pdf 28kb)
- Health triangle (doc 314kb)
- Social Work triangle (doc 327kb)
- School triangle (doc 318kb)
- Police Scotland triangle (doc 316kb)
- Early Years triangle (doc 348kb)
- 0 – 3 Early Years triangle (doc 346kb)
- EL&L triangle (doc 318kb)
Appendix 3 – consists of the templates and forms you will need
- Chronology (docx 18kb)
- Multi-Agency request form (docx 28kb)
- Record of Multi Agency Meeting and Action plan (docx 20kb)
- Single Service GIRFEC assessment and Action Plan (docx 379kb)
Appendix 4 – consists of guidance around preparing for a multi agency meeting and the various letters you will need to invite parents, carers and young people to meetings
- Preparing for Multi Agency meetings (docx 19kb)
- Invitation to young person to Multi Agency Review Action Planning Meeting (docx 11kb)
- Invite young person MAAP (doc 23kb)
- Invitation to parent- review (docx 11kb)
- invite parent MAAP (doc 26kb)
- Invitation to professional review meeting (docx 11kb)
Please refer to the GIRFEC action planning process on pages 8-10 of the main guidance document to help you confirm that you are following all the steps in the process whether you are applying it to your team (the yellow stage), your Service (the blue stage) or at a multi-agency level (the green stage).
Aberdeenshire Support Manual – a toolkit full of detailed and supportive ideas and guidance for meeting the needs of children and young people from 3-18 years, with all varieties of additional support needs.
The second manual embedded in Section 3 contains information for children/young people with complex needs.
This Guidance has been adopted by the GIRFEC Leadership group. It is therefore the framework for all services operating in Aberdeenshire, and the GLG is particularly supportive of referrals being made on a Multi-Agency basis
This guide is a revision of and replaces Practice Guide: Chronologies, published by the Social Work Inspection Agency in 2010